Professional Hospice Care in Hutchinson, KS
Hospice with a heart — this is how clients and locals describe Serenity Hospice Care. This is also what sets us apart from other companies that provide hospice care in Hutchinson, Kansas.
Our support extends to family members and caregivers as they prepare for what is to come. Acknowledging that grief occurs before and after the death of those we love, Serenity Hospice Care provides grief support at every step along the journey.
Serenity Hospice Care is Here to Help
As a Serenity Hospice patient, in addition to your attending physician, you now have the assistance of your care team. This team is comprised of skilled and experienced hospice care providers in Hutchinson, KS.
- Your Nurse Case Manager collaborates with you, your family, caregivers, care team members, and the physician, to develop your plan of care.
- Your Attending Physician is notified of changes in your condition and will continue to be responsible for approving any changes in your plan of care.
- Your Hospice Medical Director attends hospice team meetings, advising and directing your care team. They then work closely with your attending physician to ensure that your medical care is meeting your needs.
- Your Social Worker is available to discuss the emotional challenges of serious illness and to provide help with funeral planning, legal matters, or community resources.
- Your Nurse Practitioner collaborates with your hospice medical director and may visit you to provide recommendations to the hospice team.
- Your Chaplain provides spiritual care and helps with concerns such as fear, loss, forgiveness, anger, or spiritual questions. They are also able to arrange visits from other faith and religious leaders.
- Your Home Health Aide understands your personal needs and can assist with bathing and transfers from your bed to a chair or toilet. Additionally, your aide can offer light housekeeping, cooking, and companionship.
- Your Bereavement Counselor supports you and your family from the beginning of your hospice journey and thirteen months after the death. Phone calls, visits, mailings, and support groups provide comfort for your family and friends.
- Your Volunteer is the heart of hospice care. The hospice concept began as an all-volunteer effort, with only volunteers providing patient care. Serenity volunteers are trained, caring and compassionate individuals who desire to make an important difference in the lives of those they serve.
We Make It Easy For You
We want to make it easy for you so that you can focus on what matters the most. Our team works closely with patients and families, taking care of everything.
It Starts With a Conversation
Consultations With Primary Physicians
You Can Focus on What Matters
We take hospice care to heart and are very much committed to living up to and exceeding your expectations. Our team will listen compassionately as we help make your intentions possible.
With you, we will develop a care plan for any life-limiting illness that is tailored to your needs. We want to make the rest of your time together more comfortable for you and your loved one.
Ready to learn more about home hospice care in Hutchinson, Kansas? Ready to see how Serenity Hospice Care can help you and your loved ones? Get in touch with us today by calling (620) 899-5683.
Our Medical Director
Rogena Johnson, MD
Medical Director (Hutchinson)
Dr. Rogena Johnson earned her MD and completed her residency at The University of Kansas School of Medicine. She is certified by the American Board of Family Medicine and a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians as well as the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine.
In 2005, Dr. Johnson completed a clerkship in General Surgery in Zanzibar, Tanzania — an experience that was pivotal in her decision to become a Family Medicine physician. It was during that time, working with at-risk patients who had so little access to healthcare, that she realized she needed to be able to take care of most any issue a patient might have. She went into Family Medicine so she could learn every aspect of caring for patients and their families.
Dr. Johnson has a strong background in research, including her study in 2008 to improve rates of HPV vaccination and public health awareness of cervical cancer in her community. She has also researched ways to identify patients at risk for osteoporosis. Her publications include a chapter on anemia for “Signs and Symptoms in Family Medicine,” a textbook for medical students.
Let us take care of everything.
The word "hospice" was once used to describe a place of refuge for people on a difficult journey. Our excellent care and deep compassion for patients and families offer a place of comfort on the end-of-life journey. Recognizing that in hospice care, the main guardians are the family caregiver and the hospice team, care is most often provided in the home setting rather than in hospitals and hospice care facilities. The Serenity Hospice Care team will support the patient and family wherever they are.
Complete the form below to inquire about our hospice services in Wichita, Kansas, and surrounding areas.